Journey into the heart of Gastronomy
Ritz Paris / Ecole Ritz Escoffier & Le Cordon Bleu Paris.
Seminars - Abroad
PARIS 22 - 28 January 2017
INSPIRE YOUR PASSION
12 Chefs are going to have a unique life time experience
by following the journey, which will be organized by
Gastronomy Essentials, into the heart of gastronomy, in Paris.
7 days full of culinary experiences as learning
from the top of the kind, will make this gastronomic trip unforgettable.
Will you be the 1 of 12 ?
Sunday 22nd of January
- Arrival in Paris
- Free time for walking around the city centre
- Dinner at the MANKO restaurant of famous Peruvian chef Faston Acurio. (65€ per person without drinks)
Monday 23th of January
- Visiting 4 top pastry shops such as FAUCHON at the Place Madeleine, LA DUREE at Champs-Elysees, PIERRE HERME at rue de Bonaparte, and LE CHOCOLAT by ALAIN DUCASSE at rue de Roquette.
- Free time.
Tuesday 24th - Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th of January
- A 3 day training at the heart of Ritz Paris, based on the new dishes of ESPADON, the a la carte restaurant of Ritz Paris named Les Univers de l'Espadon. Training will focus on dishes from the lunch a la carte catalogue of the Les Jardin de L'Espadon and from the dinner a la carte catalogue of the La Table de l'Espadon.
- Both catalogues have been created by the Executive Chef Nicolas Sale. Among the dishes that they will be presented, there will be desserts as well, creations by the hotel's Pastry Chef Francois Perret
- Training will be hands on practice, meaning that the 12 chefs will work along with the responsible Chef of the program, under the instructions of Nicolas Sale and Francois Perret.
Surprises never end though, as the journey in the heart of gastronomy continues.
Another unique experience is waiting the 12 chefs which will follow this journey.
Friday 27th of January
- On Friday 27th of January, a 6 hour program upon Sauces and Jous, will take place at the new ultra modern facilities of the worldwide top culinary school, ‘Le Cordon Blue Paris’.
- Training will be ‘hands on practice’, meaning that the 12 chefs will work along with the responsible Chef of the program, who will be Patrick Caals Chef de Cuisine- Chef Patissier.
A few words about Chef
Originally from the North of France, Chef Patrick Caals successively obtained a
Certificate of Professional Aptitude (CAP), a Certificate of Professional Studies
(BEP) in cooking, and a Certificate of Professional Aptitude (CAP) in pastry.
Chef Caals then began his career working in cooking and pastry in several restaurants throughout France and Belgium. He worked as a commis at the Fauchon luxury grocery store in 1990, then at the restaurant Le Grand Ecuyer by Yves Thuries in 1993.
In 1998, he decided to pursue his career in the French capital and seized the opportunity to develop his talent and establish its reputation as a Chef de partie at the Ambassador Hotel's restaurant.
He then worked for three years at the Maxim's restaurant as a second chef de cuisine.
In 2001, Chef Caals decided to become a trainer; He started at the Paul Bocuse Institute in Lyon, where he remained until 2006, and then joined the Alain Ducasse Group.
Chef Caals joined the team of Chief Teachers of Cordon Bleu Paris in 2008.
The Art of Making Jus and Sauces Workshop
You will discover the techniques to make different sauces, the finishing touch of your dishes.
They add, or accentuate, flavor or bring the flavors of the different elements of a dish together.
Jus and sauces are, without a shadow of a doubt, an indispensable part of French gastronomy! This is why Le Cordon Bleu Paris The Art of Making Jus and Sauces Workshop is available several times a month in its new building.
In a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, a small group is guided by a Chef Instructor as they learn to master these delicious, traditional and innovative accompaniments. You will cover every detail of the preparation of the jus and sauces selected by Le Cordon Bleu Chef.
On the agenda of The Art of Making Jus and Sauces Workshop
Sauces for crisp garden vegetables
- Cocktail sauce
- Lime and yogurt sauce
- Honey vinaigrette
- Olive vinaigrette
Sauces for beef
- Pepper sauce
- Bearnaise sauce
- Red wine sauce
Sauces for slow cooked salmon
- Virgin sauce
- Genevoise sauce
- Beurre blanc
Sauces for free range chicken supreme
- Sauce diable
Apart from the program, there will be a tour into the facilities of the school.
We will visit the unique garden of 800 s.m. at the roof of the building, as well as the
room classes meeting the M.O.F. teachers and the education managers.
The program will start at 14:00pm and will finish at 20:00pm.
Alongside with our visit to Paris, we will visit many gastronomical points of the city and we will dine in some restaurants, which are landmarks of the global gastronomy in the French capital.
(**Note: Meals are optional and are not included in the package price).
All participants will receive Certificate of Attendance from the Ritz Escoffier and the Le Cordon Bleu, as well as booklets from the presented recipes.
Price package : €2,600
Price includes the following:
- Accommodation for 6 nights in a double room, at a 3*** hotel down town.
(Whoever else wishes to come along with some of the participant wife/husband/friend, the price of the accommodation remains as is).
- A 3-day training at the RITZ PARIS
- 1 day training at the LE CORDON BLEU PARIS
*Air tickets is not included as each Chef will arrange flying
tickets by himself/herself depending of the country he/she is travelling from to Paris.
BANK of Cyprus
Account Name: Gastronomy Essentials Ltd.
Account Number: 0155-01-158922